Floryie's Reviews > Color Me Rich

Color Me Rich by Mohan Deep

I received a free copy from the author via The Book Club for an honest review.

This is the first time I am reading this author's work and so I didn't know what to expect from the book. When I signed up for the blog tour, the first thing which caught my attention was the blurb which was short and sweet. And I was looking forward to a nice love story. What I didn't know was that I was going to read a romance mystery novella.

The starting of the book was sort of slow but it did lay the right outline for the story to unfold. After a while it was easier to follow the story and read faster. The only parts which were difficult to handle were the hindi dialogues in between. Other than that the flow of the tale was good and the alternating points of view of Today's and Yesterday's events were perfectly aligned to shed light on the circumstances and the characters.

The cast of characters were varied and added their own life to the love story from Pran to Rani Auntie. The protagonists, Akash and Zen were shown in different stages of their lives with Akash going from a starving to a celebrated artist and Zen going from a rich pampered socialite to an injured jealous wife. Their love story was kind of in the trend of Bollywood movies. Every character had their own role in the story and no one was superfluous. Suma was the only one who wasn't properly focused on inspite being the third main character in the book. She was in the background from the beginning to the end.

The ending of the book was kind of a twist. I wasn't able to digest it after finishing the book. The story is one which stayed with me along with the memorable characters. And this was a good example of the author. I am looking forward to check out his other fiction in the future.

My rating : 4/5
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Color Me Rich.

Finished Reading