Victoria Minks's Reviews > Lives of the Three Mrs Judsons

Lives of the Three Mrs Judsons by Arabella Stuart

bookshelves: nonfiction

It took me a long time to get through this book (as I set it aside for a while) but I have to say that every moment spent actually reading the book was great. It was convicting, interesting, and informative, and I really appreciated getting to learn more about some of my heroines. I loved Sarah Boardman Judson's section, In particular, as I feel she tends to be skipped over a lot in biographies of Adonirom Judson himself. Much of the book is letters written by the three women, poems, and biographies of their lives. Getting to read their own words was a blessing to me and really encouraging. I could relate the most to Ann Judson and Emily Judson, but as Sarah Judson reminded me of my sister I enjoyed reading about her as well. Reading about his wives also gave me even more admiration for Adoniram-- his letter of comfort to Sarah was the sweetest, and I teared up a lot during this book. G. Boardman (Sarah's first husband) was also a great man of God. Must read if you like missionary biographies-- it's long and "not as exciting" reading but worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lives of the Three Mrs Judsons.

April 6, 2016 – Started Reading
April 6, 2016 – Shelved
April 11, 2016 –
0.0% "Enjoying it with a cuppa tea today. On chapter twelve of the first part: Ann Hasseltine Judson."
September 8, 2016 –
September 8, 2016 –
55.0% "This is the kind of book that I just really like to take my time reading... it's been months but I just read it bit by bit and get so much out of it!"
May 28, 2017 –