Ron Bruce's Reviews > Damned If You Do

Damned If You Do by Marie Sexton

Apr 05, 2016

bookshelves: humor, m-m, net-galley, comfort-re-read

Damned if You Do by Marie Sexton

This was a cute story, very funny in parts.

Both characters, Abaddon, who was pathetic at being bad and Seth, the blind musician, with mysterious healing powers, were people (the devil, Abaddon, was a real person in this to me) I liked and I don’t like a lot of devils let me just say that right now.

Maybe finding my own religious history a bit of a turn off, at the moment, was why I enjoyed this story.  It made me think about my own beliefs and the religion I’ve left behind, even made me question my values just a bit when it comes to believing in the power of love to heal all (in some stories that would make me gag but this story moistened my eyes). And even though I was taught all about good and bad there really is a lot of gray areas in life to consider. And maybe I have judged others too much and maybe....

That’s what I found in this story a statement about love between two people (fine, one of them was a devil, get over it) who wanted more that what they had and were willing to reach out to someone else and help the other person even though they put their own souls at risk by doing so.

An enjoyable 4.5 stars and though I'm not fond of snakes I was still able to read this book.

*Copy provided by the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Damned If You Do.

Started Reading