Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)'s Reviews > Origin

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: scanned, own

Read more of my book reviews on my blog!--> thehyperlapse.blogspot.com

You wouldn't think I'd give this book 6/5 stars with the ugliest cover I've ever seen. But I have.

This book makes up for the previous, thank god. I thought it was going to focus around the kind-of-boring-after-4-chapters DOD Area 51 hostage. But hooray- surely not. So many romantic moments, and not like the Opal moments (which were meh), like REALLY CUTE/I WAS "AWWW"ING SO LOUD cute moments.

Spoiler paragraph:
- Matthew's betrayal- amazing, I'm glad we finally see him truly.
- Beth's pregnancy- I'm thrilled, and totally called it (not in a bad way, I must add).
- THE WEDDING. BLESS MY QUEEN, SHE MADE THEM GET MARRIED. THIS IS THE MOST UNREALISTIC BUT BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY EVER.

Okay seriously, the cover is hideous. I wish I could paint over or something. THERE'S ORANGE TEXT OVERLAYING THE PALE BLUE BACKGROUND. I cringe dearly.

There's not much to say, this book was perfect? It was exciting, with a good pace (very good pace), and the ending has left me wanting more!

I have suspicions that Katy is also pregnant- one can dream (in their weird, cliche ways) anyway. I really enjoyed seeing Daemon's perspective.

The only thing I would've liked to see was Bethany returning? We kind of skimmed over that, and boom she's friendly and normal to Katy? I'm sorry, but the only impression I have of her is when she threw Katy onto the wall and was bat-shit crazy. So forgive me for not warming up to her just yet. I don't know how I feel about Dawson. At some points I just want him to shut up, but at the end I liked his interactions with Beth.

The smackdown was AWESOME. I would looooove to see his as a movie, I honestly think it was one of the best action scenes written.

I want to know more about how's it like in West Virginia. Which reminds me, I need to look at a map. I thought WV was slightly SE of Washington, but Katy made a few comments about the distance between Nevada and WV (time zones) as well as WV apparently being near Maryland (which I vaguely know where it is, from Hairspray)???? I'm not from America, and I really only know where NY state, California, Washington, Oregon, Florida, and Texas are. All the other states- well, they beat me!???

Now I'll have to wait another 2 weeks for the sequels to deliver, and by then, I'm back to school D:<

I recommend to those who enjoyed reading Breaking Dawn. You'd love this 100% like I did! :)

I NEED TO READ ABOUT THESE DAEMON BABIES ARGH!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Origin.

April 5, 2016 – Shelved
April 5, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 17, 2016 –
page 122
33.52% "I'm liking this book way more than the previous, already. It's a nice turn to the whole "boy saves girl who's trapped"."
April 18, 2016 – Started Reading
page 152
41.76% "Yay baby talk"
page 152
41.76% "Seriously, how has this not been sued from the rep's of Twilight??? I love it, but omg this is turning slightly more similar to Breaking Dawn (w/ hybrid babies)."
page 250
68.68% "Daemon is adorable aw"
page 260
71.43% "Sweet Evil references???? Yes!"
page 260
71.43% "Sweet Evil references???? Yes!"
page 280
76.92% "Oop there's the YA sex scene"
page 280
76.92% "PROPOSAL YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY"
April 18, 2016 –
0.0% "The wedding killed me"
page 296
81.32% "The wedding killed me"
page 308
84.62% "IVE BEEN WAITING FOR MATTHEW TO BETRAY THEM- finally!"
page 356
97.8% "I KNEW IT!!! I totally guessed it when they were trying to run away- woo! Beth's pregnant. I'm like 80% sure Katy is too (just bc of a reason moment between her and Daemon pre-proposal)"
April 20, 2016 – Finished Reading