Kate B's Reviews > Programming Interviews Exposed: Secrets to Landing Your Next Job

Programming Interviews Exposed by John Mongan

Apr 10, 2011

Read in April, 2011

If you are going for a job in a tech/software company, you should read this book, even if the position is not directly programming-related. It helps you get into the mindset you need to have if you're going to be interviewing with Microsoft, Amazon, Google, etc.

The meat of the book describes various concepts that are often asked on programming interviews like data structures, arrays, strings, etc and provides sample questions with detailed answers that are a good refresher on CS concepts that you might have forgotten from your Uni days. There are also sections on logic puzzles that are commonly asked on these interviews, which are great to help increase your mental flexibility.

I can say without a doubt that this title helped me land my newest (non-programming) job, so if you're hunting and going into a software position, check this out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Programming Interviews Exposed.