Lani's Reviews > Good in Bed

Feb 21, 2008

bookshelves: chicklit, own
Recommended to Lani by: Caryl
Read in August, 2008

One complaint I have - the cover on my book clearly shows a NOT FAT girl with a piece of cake next to her (not the same edition as this one). GRRRRR.

Though this book is about a size 16 woman, I think the feelings of being an ugly duckling are universal. Cannie is likeable and fun, and makes observations that I think we've all made at one time or another.

It is pretty clear that the book is the author's fantasy, but that isn't a terrible thing for a first book. I'm not sure how I feel about the way that the plot developed, but I didn't have the RAGE that some people seemed to about when Cannie finds herself thin after all.

The story isn't particularly realistic, but it's pretty clearly a Cinderella story. The famous actress as fairy godmother schtick was quite cute, and Prince Charming was as stereotypically perfect as you could expect. Though a bit of a prince in disguise himself.

My copy had a first chapter/preview of the sequel, and it piqued my interest. Sounds much less fairy tale and is perhaps a more realistic novel with the same characters. That could go well or could make it clear that the characters aren't quite as strong as expected.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in Bed.

Caryl such a good book. wanna borrow it?

Lani sure!