Nerdy Dirty & Flirty's Reviews > A Mess of a Man

A Mess of a Man by A.M. Hargrove

description

What would you do if the one thing you are terrified of finds it's way back into your life?

Ben thought he could leave all that behind, but when he meets Sam, there is more to her than she is letting him know. Not being one for relationships he doesn't know what to do with himself when he sees her in the produce section of all places. Why is he drawn to her? Why does she have to be different from all the rest?

Sam isn't looking for anything, so she keeps telling herself. After Trevor she doesn't want any kind of relationship. But when Ben comes into her life she starts to think differently.

I absolutely loved the chemistry between these two. Loved how, even though he says he doesn't care, Ben doesn't want anyone looking at "his" girl. The banter back and forth between all the characters is great. I think my favorite person isn't even a main character. I loved Sam's best friend Lauren the most. She definitely isn't afraid to speak her mind.

All her best girl friend's are there for Sam through her journey with Ben. They all warn her about how much of a player he is. And how he just throws women away. But do you listen to what people are saying or your gut?

Ben lost his best friend to cancer and he just can't get over it. Doesn't even talk to anyone about it, that is until Sam. I think it is because he does care and finally has someone he can trust.

Sam has a secret, I mean what good story doesn't. But this secret could definitely scare Ben away. In the mean time they get to deal with a crazy ex of Ben's, who thinks there is still something there, and a meddling employee of Sam's, Nick. With those two constantly trying to mess things up, ugh, I even went crazy.

I can't tell you what Sam's secret is, but I can tell you it comes out and Sam's worst night mare comes to life.

Definitely worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Mess of a Man.

Started Reading