Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Saving Maverick

Saving Maverick by Debra Elise

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-kittyangel

Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

It’s baseball season and what a way to start off Spring Training. A bad boy, hot baseball player and the woman that could either bench him or have him pitch a perfect game. Yep, here we go with the baseball euphemisms.

Maverick was one hot mess. Since his brother’s death, the loss of the big game and moving the team to some podunk town, whiskey has been his friend, lover and coach. Add that to lying to the new owner and trainers and he has no idea if he even has a career in baseball anymore.

Kelsey is at the top of her game in the PR business …. She’s happy with it and wants nothing to do with anything baseball. But, how does she turn down the one man who has always been there for her, has had her back on more than one occasion and been her big-brother forever? Hell, how does she turn down the job of a lifetime? So, taking on Maverick is going to open old wounds but she’ll do it. Now, to keep her libido in check, just be his PR person and then go on with her life.

One heart-stopping kiss, one viral on-line video, one stalker and she ends up in the arms and bed of the one man that she knows will never give up his playboy ways to just be with her.

I had fun with Maverick and Kelsey. He was unstoppable when he wanted something and she knew how to throw up the brick wall when it was needed. The stalker story line was really well written but you kind of had an idea of who it was right from the beginning. Luke was interesting and is going to be fun to watch in future books. But, the person I really want to see be taken down a notch is T.S. He definitely needs a woman to bring him in line and show him that there’s more to life than the rich and powerful. Don’t get me wrong, he was fantastic throughout the story … he wasn’t mean or nasty … but … he needs a woman.

Debra Elise really kept me entertained throughout the story. It was light then serious, it was hot and sexy and it was eye-opening. Being a huge baseball fan, it was interesting to see just what a player in a slump may be going through. It was nice realizing that they are just human too and may have outside forces causing them to act the way they do. I also loved that she showed us all sides of Maverick. She wrote him as a drunk, as a lover, as a despondent man, as a caring person and as a baseball player that finally realizes that it’s not just him on the field, but a team. Ms. Elise did a wonderful job keeping the story moving and giving us just what we needed from Maverick and Kelsey.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Maverick.

Started Reading