Jamie (Books and Ladders)'s Reviews > Golden Boys

Golden Boys by Sonya Hartnett

liked it

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

This was alright. The writing was okay but very long winded and it kinda made all the different perspectives mesh and muddle together which made it difficult for me to read. I enjoyed seeing adult topics through the minds of children, but I knew what the "revelation" would be the first time we were in Colt's mind, like 5% into the story. And the ending left much to be desired. It is an okay read but not one I would necessarily recommend.

I don't actually have a whole lot to say about this one. I thought that the children were alright but I didn't really connect to any of them. Even the adults left something to be desired and I thought a lot of the characters were really one dimensional. I read some of the positive reviews for this one once I finished and feel like I missed something because not only was the writing subpar for me, but the characters were meh and the "drama" was super easy to pinpoint immediately. I don't feel like this book really adds anything new to the heaps of other books that tell a similar story except we got to see it from both sides of the story.

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden Boys.

November 8, 2015 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
November 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
November 8, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult (Hardcover Edition)
November 8, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary (Hardcover Edition)
November 8, 2015 – Shelved as: candlewick (Hardcover Edition)
November 8, 2015 – Shelved as: 2016-release (Hardcover Edition)
November 8, 2015 – Shelved as: april-2016 (Hardcover Edition)
April 4, 2016 – Started Reading
April 4, 2016 – Shelved
April 4, 2016 –
3.0% "this is written awkwardly"
6.0% "oh-kay"
April 4, 2016 –
13.0% "I am back into this one. the writing isn't hooking me for some reason"
April 4, 2016 –
37.0% "I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be getting from this"
April 4, 2016 –
57.0% "I'm still not really sure what I'm supposed to be getting from this"
April 4, 2016 – Finished Reading