Jamie (Books and Ladders)'s Reviews > The Hidden Twin

The Hidden Twin by Adi Rule

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Actual Rating: 2.5*

This one started off really confusing but ended up being pretty good. I think the mythology was good here but left some to be desired. I think we learned too little at the beginning that didn't really make sense and then once we actually saw it play out I understood it. The issue I had is that it felt like the author tried to make it sound much more poetic than it had to be and it ended up being more confusing than interesting. I spent a good chunk of the book being confused tbh.

But I think what confused me the most is that Lin (I guess that's what I'll call her) knew what she was but didn't want to acknowledge it? It seemed to me like she was 100% sure of what she was but then would kind of deny it to herself and it left me a bit confused. But again, I think this was also partly due to how it was written.

It seemed like there was a weird setup for a love triangle but I also didn't really enjoy the bits of romance that we got. It felt a bit forced and rushed and I wasn't really into either of the dudes and thought there were bigger fish to fry. I'm all for making out at the end of the world but this dude wasn't really worth it imo. He had the personality of a wet paper towel. Actually, all the secondary characters did.

I thought Lin's character did like a 180 from what w got in the first couple of chapters to her switching places with her sister. She was very brash and a little rude to people when she was under the guise of her sister which didn't really make sense to me because she should have been trying to be invisible, not standout.

Anyway, the ending was pretty interesting but also a little predictable. I think there could have been a bit more in terms of worldbuilding and mythology because none of it really made sense to me. I feel like we just scraped the surface of what is to be known and I would have liked to delve a little deeper.

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hidden Twin.

April 3, 2016 – Started Reading
April 3, 2016 – Shelved
April 3, 2016 –
9.0% "Okay I'm a little confused but I'll roll with it"
April 3, 2016 –
14.0% "I'm really confused and really tired."
25.0% "hm"
40.0% "hm hm"
April 3, 2016 –
66.0% "well I totes called that"
April 4, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy