Nerdy Dirty & Flirty's Reviews > Pursuing Carrie

Pursuing Carrie by Jenn Hype

Apr 03, 2016

description

LOVE this series!

If this is the first book in the series you are reading, you will want to stop and start at the beginning. You do not want to miss one of these emotional and laugh out loud stories. This author has magic in her fingers as she comes up with the funniest, most side-splitting scenes and in the next moment throws raw and honest feelings into the mix. The characters are sometimes zany and off the wall but always completely lovable. They are crazy, flawed – wouldn’t perfect be boring – but totally relatable and achingly human.

“Why the h*ll would you take a picture of your dildo?”
“They say you should take pictures of your valuables in case anything is ever stolen.”

It’s Carrie and Joe’s turn at the romance wheel and their journey is my new favourite! Carrie has been the quieter one in this trio of friends but that doesn’t mean she is not interesting. Far from it. There are hidden, pained depths in her and Joe. Joe’s happy go lucky exterior is just that and seeing the layers peeled off, for both of them, pinged the heart more than once. Their pasts definitely affect the decisions they make now and they are anything but simple. Despite that, the attraction and feelings, they can’t deny for each other are going to make them walk through their minefields. They will have to if they are going to come to any agreement…

“I liked his personality, his sense of humor and his confidence. I could see myself spending time with him, fully clothed, and actually enjoying it.”

The back and forth between these two is plagued with humour, sarcasm and hot, hotter, hottest sex. I devoured this book way too quickly but I couldn’t help myself – it was too much fun to stop! I can’t wait for more! Please, please let there be more!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pursuing Carrie.

Started Reading