Beth's Reviews > The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success

The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews

Apr 09, 2011

Read in April, 2011

This book really made me stop and think about my life. The main character goes from being an executive in a company and living comfortably to being laid off when his company is bought out and going into a deep depression. He feels that where he is now is not in consequence to his own decisions, but everyone elses. In an attempt to end his life he is sent on a journey where he meets seven characters from the past who give him important decisions (that he, and all of us, can make) for success. He learns that his future is decided by him and no one else.

It was a very easy book to read. Definitely a "self-help" book but put in a fiction format, so it was more enjoyable to me. I should write down the "decisions for success" before I return the book to the library so that I can incorporate them into my life. There is also a sequel that I plan to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Traveler's Gift.