Cassie C's Reviews > Aequus

Review to come!!

Update 3/25/17:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

description

That is how a book is written people! Stop everything right now and read this book. I don't care what you're doing, you just need to put everything down and take a couple hours and read this gorgeous, gutting book. Everything about it is perfection, and you will be blown away (once again) by Randi's amazing writing! Honestly, this book is unputdownable...and yes I made up a word specifically for this story because these are the types of things that Randi's stories do to me. With edge-of-your-seat suspense and thrilling plot twists (and boy are there a lot of them), you will not regret picking up Aequus.

description

The story picks up right where we left off...Tristan has left and Serena is left with her heart shattered. My heart absolutely broke for Serena during these first couple of moments, and honestly I should have known from the get go that this entire book would play with my heartstrings. Randi weaves such a beautiful tale of love, revenge, and romance. There is just something about her writing that sweeps me away instantly and allows me to truly escape for the entire time I'm reading her gorgeous prose. The pacing is something that really stood out for me in this novel because the story flows perfectly. There is never a dull moment, and you are instantly transported into the amazing world that Randi has so flawlessly created. We get to explore new places and just when you think you can't learn any more new info, we find out so much more! It's exciting to say the least!!

description

But you want to know my absolute favorite thing about this book (and Randi's books in general)? The characters. Randi has crafted truly amazing characters that you instantly connect with. They're relatable and easily gain a special place in your heart. Tristan and Serena are magnificent characters and their development throughout the story is remarkable. Both Tristan and Serena are willing to fight for each other until their dying breaths (is this a hint? I'll never tell...because I'm evil like that). I love being able to read from both of their POVs because it adds so much more to the story. Tristan is just as much of a mess as Serena is after being forced to take the throne next to Freya (aka evil girl trying to break up Tristan and Serena). I loved how vulnerable he was around Serena and it's clear that Serena truly makes him a better person. Their love for each knows no bounds and their banter is classic. Serena is willing to do anything and everything to get back the person she loves. And when they finally come together, their love is electric and sparks fly everywhere. The love they have for each other is palpable. You want to believe with everything in you that Tristan and Serena will have a HEA, but the ultimate question is...will they?

The one character I do want to mention in particular though is Zander because he was seriously hilarious in this book! I loved him when he was introduced in the first novel, Vernal, but in this book his humor and sass is on point! He had me laughing hysterically and there was a nice fourth-wall type thing in one scene that all fans of Randi will appreciate.

There are some very shocking moments in this book that you will never see coming, and there was one death in particular that had me crying and had my heart breaking. I actually dropped my Kindle because I didn't think I read the scene correctly, but alas I did. And the story is now short one character that no on will expect to die. This was my face:

description

But most importantly the entire ending will leave you begging to have Nox in your hands as soon as possible. I didn't want to believe that Randi would end the book that way, but who was I kidding...she loves to torture us! I don't know how I'm going to make it until November.

Do not miss out on this amazing book! With plenty of twists and turns, a heart-pounding and explosive romance, and characters that incredibly well written, Aqeuus has it all, and is sure to be a hit! You will not be disappointed with a story this epic!

Happy reading :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aequus.

April 2, 2016 – Shelved