Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Carrion

Carrion by Jonathan R. Rose

19253213

did not like it
bookshelves: adult, dnf, post-apocalyptic, review-requests, zombies

Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I hate saying this but I have to leave this book alone for good as the it's really failing to keep up with the expectations I had before starting with it.

The writing is really good but the plot seems a little off and the whole monster's journey is really starting to make me feel sick. I usually have a good appetite for blood and gore but here it's starting to feel quite forced and unnecessary, I mean yes, the monster is going to rip out the flesh off the bones and suck the bones dry, he is a Zombie after all.

There are a lot of raving reviews for this book, but it's not what I expected, so it's a DNF for me. If you are really into zombies and the undead and are totally into blood-spilling and gory writing, then this book is for you. But it would do you good to keep in mind that this book has nothing more to offer.

You can also read this review at The Reading Bud.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carrion.

April 1, 2016 – Shelved
April 1, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read-requested-review
April 4, 2016 – Started Reading
April 5, 2016 –
page 10
April 10, 2016 –
page 50
43.86% "The blood and the gore and the vomit and the monster's crazy hunger is really making me squirm... \n The descriptions are good but I'm really interested in knowing where this is going."
April 12, 2016 – Shelved as: adult
April 12, 2016 – Shelved as: dnf
April 12, 2016 – Shelved as: post-apocalyptic
April 12, 2016 – Shelved as: review-requests
April 12, 2016 – Shelved as: zombies
April 12, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro Bummer :( Better luck in your next reading!

Heena Rathore P. Alejandro wrote: "Bummer :( Better luck in your next reading!"

Yeah! I hope so too. Thanks :)

message 3: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro ;)