Angel Gelique's Reviews > The Boy on the Beach

The Boy on the Beach by David Brian

bookshelves: brilliant-storytelling, short-story, unique-story

After stepping away from her abusive husband Brad, Juliet Carlson finds herself alone on the beach, enjoying the tranquil sounds of nature at the shore. Her solitude is interrupted by the not-too-distant sounds of music and talking. Juliet grows curious and wanders towards what she believes is a group of partying locals. What she finds will forever change her life.

I often find short stories unsatisfying. This one, however, felt as complete and fulfilling as a full-length novel. The characters are well-developed, the story is perfectly paced and the ending left no questions or qualms. The writing and storytelling are brilliant and kept me thoroughly engrossed.

This is the first book I've read by David Brian, but it certainly won't be the last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy on the Beach.

December 30, 2013 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
December 30, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
April 1, 2016 – Started Reading
April 1, 2016 – Shelved
April 1, 2016 – Shelved as: brilliant-storytelling
April 1, 2016 – Shelved as: short-story
April 1, 2016 – Shelved as: unique-story
April 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Simon I'm just starting this one today, Angel. It'll be interesting to see how my opinions stack up against other reviews. Nice review by the way! :)

Angel Gelique Simon wrote: "I'm just starting this one today, Angel. It'll be interesting to see how my opinions stack up against other reviews. Nice review by the way! :)"

Thank you, Simon. I apologize for my tardy reply--I've only just noticed your comment. I'm glad that you enjoyed the story, too.