Shanae's Reviews > Claimed for Destiny: Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee / The Chase Is On

Claimed for Destiny by Brenda Jackson

Apr 08, 2011

Read from April 08 to 10, 2011

After reading "Irresistible Forces" by Brenda Jackson it was very difficult to pick up another one of her novels. I found "Claimed for Destiny" just boring and badly written, but other bibliophiles, lovers of romance novels, and fans of Jackson's writing encouraged me to give her a second chance, so I did and I'm glad I got the opportunity to read "Claimed for Destiny." Jackson's two stories, "Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee" and "The Chase Is On" are quite similar - two Westmoreland men who have every luxury at their whim along with negative outlooks on love and relationships fall deeply in love with equally as successful, beautiful and ambitious women with some sort of problem that these Westmoreland men can solve thus giving these women the magnificent, luxurious lifestyles every woman could imagine along with mind-blowing sexual encounters. But, hey, I knew what I was getting into when I picked up these books and I'm not complaining. Jackson has won me over and I intend to get as many of Jackson's romance novels as I can in the coming weeks. She provides the drama and salacious tales I need to take my mind off my own real problems :) Anyway, "Claimed for Destiny" includes two fun reads. I haven't met my Westmoreland man yet, but I can read about the lucky women in Jackson's novels who have, can't I?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed for Destiny.

04/08/2011 page 36
04/09/2011 page 128
33.0% "Just finished "Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee" - it was a good story."
04/09/2011 page 148
39.0% "How does this old lady, Ms. Stewart know all the Westmorelands' business? Smh."
04/09/2011 page 185
76.0% "Uh oh...now it begins!!!!"
04/09/2011 page 191
78.0% "Jessica is still a virgin? What in the ham sandwich?!"
show 4 hidden updates…