Megan's Reviews > A Christmas Promise

A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh

Apr 08, 2011

bookshelves: historical-romance, holiday, regency, forced-or-arranged-marriage
Read from December 12 to 28, 2014

I haven't read many Mary Balogh books, but I've been trying to make my way through the ones I do have when I get a chance. Christmas is a good time, as she has written many Christmas books. It seems I either love or dislike her books, typically no middle ground. I was delighted to realize at the end of this story that I simply adored it!

This is an (almost) arranged marriage regency. The new Earl of Falloden, Randolph Pierce, has inherited from his cousin, unfortunately he also inherited a mountain of debt. A rich coal merchant has purchased all of Randloph's debt and said he'd wipe away all the debt and give him half his wealth if he married his daughter Eleanor (Ellie) Transome. And Ellie agrees to marry Randloph because it is her father's wish and he is dying. Things are wrapped up very quickly and they are married. Of course, they also hate each other because they don't take the time to tell each other why they really married each other. I really don't want to give the rest away. You have to read to find out how they earned their HEA. But, be warned, (view spoiler).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Promise.

12/12/2014 marked as: currently-reading