Gabby's Reviews > The Kind Worth Killing

The Kind Worth Killing by Peter  Swanson

"Holy fucking shit." That was what I said out loud to myself after reading the final lines in this book. This is a phenomenal adult thriller and I'm so glad I decided to pick this one up! I absolutely love a good adult psychological thriller, it's one of my favorite genres and this one has become a new favorite of mine! This book follows a man named Ted Severson who has recently discovered that his wife Miranda is cheating on him with this guy named Brad. Ted randomly meets this woman in the airport named Lily and he tells her all about his life, and he jokingly tells her that he wants to kill Miranda for what she did, and Lily tells him he should do it. I obviously can't say much about this story without giving it away, but this is an amazing story filled with some really crazy fucked up characters and I loved every second of it. I found this book really difficult to put down and there were so many plot twists, my jaw hit the floor so many times. I didn't see any of them coming either which is so rare for me. I love how this book is separated into three parts, and each part feels like it's own book. If I had to compare this book to another book it would be The Girl on The Train, but dare I say I think I enjoyed this one more than The Girl On The Train? This book also really reminded me of the tv show Fargo, which was an awesome kick-ass show by the way. (view spoiler)

The third part of this book was probably my least favorite of the three, but it was still very intense and action packed. The ending left me absolutely stunned and in shock and I was like: what the fuck AKSLJDLAKJSLA. But I love when a book does that to me. I seriously feel so giddy right now thinking about how awesome and crazy this story was. I love when a book has insanely fucked up characters that you can't help but root for. (view spoiler) I can't say much about the story - I think it's better if you go into it without knowing a whole lot like I did, but if you like adult thrillers then i definitely recommend checking this one out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kind Worth Killing.

April 1, 2016 – Shelved