Ruthie Jones's Reviews > Please Look After Mom

Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin

1119571

bookshelves: nook-book, wip-comps

Powerful and unforgettable! I actually believe this book has changed me or at least opened my eyes to my own level of participation (and shortcomings) in my relationships.

This amazing story will rip you to shreds and force you to face difficult questions about your own relationships--not just with your mom but with all those people who claim a piece of your life and heart: "Who are these people who love me so much?" "Why do I take their very existence for granted?" "Do any of these people really know me?" These are hard questions, and this short book is a warning to you to ask these questions when you still have a chance to answer them! You might think you have a strong and open relationship with your mom, dad, sister, spouse, etc., but you can always do more. This story makes you realize that you should take the time to know those you love and also allow them to know you!

"All the relationships in the world are two-way, not determined by one side." ~ page 132

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Please Look After Mom.

April 8, 2011 – Shelved
April 18, 2011 – Started Reading
April 20, 2011 – Shelved as: nook-book
April 20, 2011 – Finished Reading
August 12, 2017 – Shelved as: wip-comps

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Karen Merrifield Very much agree with your comment

Sibel I agree! This books is unforgettable indeed, it stays with you, the atmosphere that the writer creates, the characters, that sense of loss... It's amazing!

Clostridium Gretani you just hit the comment right there: bull's eye.

Paisarn Chatlada i cried like a baby T T