Lata's Reviews > Speaking from Among the Bones

Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley

bookshelves: mystery, canlit, 2019-read

Flavia's back, and there's another murder at Bishop's Lacey. For what should be a sleepy, little village/town, this place has outrageously high murder statistics! This particular murder, like the ones before it, didn't really interest me. Flavia's family dynamics did, however, with little changes happening with all the relationships. Though Daffy and Feely have been pretty beastly to Flavia since we first met them, there were a few tiny moments that pointed to the beginning of more mature dealings amongst the sisters. And Flavia's father talking to her about how she'll always have difficulties with others because of her high intelligence was an interesting moment between the two. And it was interesting that Inspector Hewitt was more open, or perhaps more resigned, to Flavia's snooping and correct conclusions. Flavia remains the primary reason I keep returning to this series; her chemical discoveries, as well as her hilarious desire to poison those who talk down or irritate her keep me grinning and repeatedly returning to this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Speaking from Among the Bones.

March 31, 2016 – Shelved