Katarina's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Lauren Kate

Apr 08, 2011

bookshelves: angels, religion, for-hopeless-romantics, read-in-2012, nephilim

slightly spoilery...

I really enjoyed this book. So many people have talked about hating the way this series ended up, I agree that book two was not as great as book one... But I have to say that I loved the way this ended (besides the epilogue, I could've done without it and just went a little longer with the last chapter). I guess I've just always loved the hopeless romantic aspect of Luce and Daniel's relationship. They've been through so much over hundreds of different lifetimes that it completely makes sense why they love each other. And the whole secretly an angel twist was actually pretty smart and not entirely surprising. I think it was a perfect ending to a pretty great series. I still really love it despite the opinion of harsher critics :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

April 8, 2011 – Shelved
April 10, 2011 – Shelved as: angels
July 11, 2012 – Started Reading
July 11, 2012 –
0.0% "Is it odd that I completely forgot about looking out for this book to come out and just noticed tonight that it had?? I am seeing mixed things about this series but I've always enjoyed it... so we shall see how this all ends up..."
July 11, 2012 –
46.0% "I'm about halfway and I like it so far. I like all of the flashback stuff, I think that's why I enjoyed the third one... except for the whole thing with Bill being Lucifer and all that weirdness. I don't know why people always hate on this series, I've read worse but I really enjoy this series and it's characters and secondary characters. Curious to see how it all ends up."
July 13, 2012 –
88.0% "Have about two chapters left but I am falling asleep as it's 3:30 in the morning -____- I kind of always had an inkling that the connection to Lucifer was much more than what was let on. I have to say I really like the twist and now it all makes sense. Will finish in the AM. I'd like to actually be coherent enough for it to make sense. I didn't read every book just to miss the epoch!"
July 13, 2012 –
100.0% "That was quite a ride..."
July 13, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2012