Neil Gilbert's Reviews > Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things

Furiously Happy by Jenny  Lawson

did not like it

Like, I know depression is like totally a literal thing that feels like someone throat punched you right in the knee with a kitten fisted mitten. Also then stabbed you with a pen right after and I mean serves that asshole right for being a tiny ninja zombie baby from the Internet. Like omg, literally, right? I mean here's an awesome quote I made up about parsley and soup and lady parts. Hedgehog, goat, ferret, armadillo, baby. Right? I mean I love psychiatric hospitals for pain killers I was yelling so loud at the doctor. Glitter and unicorns made me faint.

There you go, you read the book. I just saved you like literally 1000 hours. You're welcome!

P.S. Siri and autocorrect helped me write this whole book on my iPhone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Furiously Happy.

March 29, 2016 – Started Reading
March 30, 2016 – Shelved
March 30, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn A+ reviewing Neil!

message 2: by Sara (new) - rated it 1 star

Sara so accurate

Szilvia That's the best review I read about this book!

message 4: by Nina (new) - rated it 1 star

Nina Townson Word!

Jennifer I'm on chapter 4 and I agree.

Heather I love this 😍. I’m on chapter 4 and I’m dizzy from the weird salad of words

message 7: by Leann Lu (new)

Leann Lu This is mind-blowingly, hilariously accurate. I NEED Jenny Lawson to see this. And this simultaneously makes me even more mad at her for wasting my time.

Mrs_roch Leann Lu, fake account, actually felt the need to share this? Seems personal to you, less about reading books than finding a way to be unnecessarily cruel to Lawson specifically.

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie This book really resonates with a lot of people. I laughed out loud repeatedly while reading it, and I’m far from alone. The fact that you don’t get it doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense, or is poorly written.

message 10: by Karla (new)

Karla Boulanger I made it to page 28. ‘Nuff said.