Peep (Pop! Pop!)'s Reviews > Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

Apr 07, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: character-id-punch, huh, insane, read-in-2011, seriously-didn-t-like, what-a-creeper, what-the-heck, adult-cravings
Read on March 01, 2011

I can see why people screamed for more Lothaire when they were done with the story. I would have rather read his story than Chase's.

You know how I always say I like the boys to be bad in my books? Well, I do! I loved Slain because he was just bad, bad, bad. But Declan? He was just evil. I didn't like that. He hurt the good beings and the bad beings. He tortured them. Sorry, but I do not feel sorry for you! You missed out on my sympathy after the first torture. Never mind that you'd been torturing beings for 20 years! And people are just supposed to forget? I don't think so! Everybody is like, "hey, you cracked open my chest and played with my innards (while I was awake) but no hard feelings". What? Excuse me, but what happened to the immortals that loved a good fight?

Apparently, abuse is fine – if said person is your mate. Are you kidding me? This was not a healthy way to start a relationship. In a place where grudges can last for years, why were people so quick to embrace their relationship?? If ever there was a nasty case of abusive Stockholm’s Syndrome, this was it! What? Why in the world would she pick the worst Aiden of them all, with all his Mine, Mine, Mine psycho caveman baggage?

I'll admit that KC did a good job writing. I almost forgave him myself. But then I thought back to how he poisoned Regin on purpose. For torture. So much that her eyes bled and her skin bled. We're just supposed to forget that? Because wittle messed up Chasey-poo had a bwad childhood? Yeah right! And he was a drug addict! You need at least a few months before you can even begin to believe anything that he had to say. How unattractive. Go back and read the rest of the books, everybody had a bad childhood. Sheesh. I wasn't buying it. I'm stopping now, because just thinking about the absurdness is getting to me.

I am not a fan of military dramas and this one just reminded me a how a military romance would be. I mean, he did wear a lot of camo.

I liked Regin. I felt like she got the short end of the stick in this book. We get a glimpse of the Valkyrie in her but for the most part I just wanted to hug her and tell her it would be OK. Drop that dude girl! Personally, I voted for her to off him and just wait for a better Aiden to come around in about 250 years. What's 250 years when you've lived for a millennium? She is weak and practically mortal the entire time. We get to witness none of her Valkyrie coolness. Well, once she hopped over her cuffed hands, I thought that was pretty cool, but it didn't really get her anywhere.

Seriously, I am beginning to doubt the awesomeness of the Immortals. Some of the toughest beings in the Lore were taken (and kept) by humans. And no one, not one of them was able to beat them? Whaaatttt?

So, why the two stars? Because of Lothaire, that's why. Seriously, the only time I laughed when I was reading it was during his scenes. He's hilarious. Like when he is about to drink from a guy (Lothaire is a vampire), and he tells the guy that if, while drinking, he calls him a females name to just “run with it”. Hahaha. I laughed out loud, then a few pages later, when I was yet again annoyed, I went back to that part just so I could read and laugh again. I still don't get him or his Endgame. And could it possibly be that Nixie is his?? I don't know, but I will find out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of a Dark Warrior.

06/04/2016 marked as: read

Siamesse I agree with you.
Though I loved most of the IAD books this one disappointed me.
Declan Chase wasn't interesting or deserving hero.

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I find that I don't like these newer books as much as I liked her old ones. I'm hoping that whatever comes out next will be good, like her books used to be. Declan is going kill Regin is her sleep.