Paula's Reviews > A Home At The End Of The World

A Home At The End Of The World by Michael Cunningham

3720054
Apr 07, 2011

liked it

I enjoyed 'A Home at the End of the World' and it was definitely a book for discussion. All of the characters are so different and I enjoyed how each chapter was told from a character’s point of view.

My favourite character was Bobby because he was so unselfish and cared about everyone and was happy with his life because he was where he wanted to be in his life. Jonathan was a well explored character too, he was so lost and I felt for him because he wanted someone to give him all the answers when he knew himself, that he had to find his own answers, so it was a journey for Jonathan. As hard as I tried, I could not warm to Clare as a character, she was a strong character and had a difficult life but I got the impression that she was not happy unless her life was difficult and looked for problems that were not there but she was a easily identifiable character because I understood how she felt about aspects of her life, which was interesting to read.

A good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Home At The End Of The World.