Rachel McMillan's Reviews > A Debutante's Guide to Rebellion

A Debutante's Guide to Rebellion by Kathleen Kimmel

2201736
Mar 30, 2016

What a gem of a novella. Maybe the best novella I have ever read. This is HILARIOUS and winsome with two completely unexpected romantic leads.

It's smart, sassy and wholly endearing and I want people to read this STAT! I immediately went and ordered the author's 2 books on amazon after finding this treat on Netgalley.

A few quotes: "Men don't like when women show intelligence."

"My mother always said poetry gets people into trouble."

"She was far more interested in you, and you sat there like a turnip"

"Your father is an earl. You have wide hips, good for childbearing. You are unobtrusive."

[Honestly, two awkward people attempting to find ways to express their budding attraction is to die for.]

"I have been reliably informed that I am gawky and without charisma"

"I have never noticed a particularly robust auditory quality to your stride, I want to hear your opinions and there's no such thing as reading too much."

And, my favourite: "You are the least objectionable wife I could conceive of."

"What you have been told are your faults make you entirely intriguing and delightful to me."

When botany meets matchmaking Ezekiel and Lady Eddie find themselves literally thrown together in a green house. Later, they duck diamond thieves and all while trying to discover how to express their deepening attraction to one another.

This is Regency Nerd-Chic, people and you need to read this.

(also, very clean read for those of you who don't usually wade into romance territory.... but one fabulous first kiss!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Debutante's Guide to Rebellion.

March 30, 2016 – Started Reading