Marc's Reviews > The Achievement Habit: Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your Life

The Achievement Habit by Bernard Roth

liked it

Perception of a book has a lot to do with what made you read it in the first place. I came to this book because the author is a founder of the d.school and I was hoping to get something out of the book around his concepts of Design Thinking. I did, to a point, Design Thinking is not the major thrust of the book. This book is more a self-help book which occasionally adopts the lens of Design Thinking as a means to improve one's life. There are plenty of great pointers in the book. Many of them seem obvious, but often the most transformative ideas are the most obvious. I've added a few other titles to my to-read list based on Roth's comments and I suspect that I will come back to this again for specific reminders. Probably would have rated it higher, had I been looking to read something more on the topic of self-improvement.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Achievement Habit.

March 29, 2016 – Started Reading