Emer 's Reviews > Opposition

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Mar 29, 2016

bookshelves: 4stars, read-in-2016, trashtastic, douchebag-central, reviewed

And so I have come to the end of my journey with the Lux series. And Opposition was all that I hoped it would be. It had action, drama, humour, tension, romance and just the right amount of bittersweet!

I don’t want to talk about the storyline as it would give too much away to those who have yet to start their Lux journey with Obsidian… so what I will talk about instead are my overall feelings after reading this series.

I devoured this series in a few short days; it utterly consumed me… but in the best way possible!!!

Why do we read?
As book-lovers what is it we are looking for from a book?

For me it is an emotional connection. Something that stirs my soul and gives me pause for thought. I know what you are thinking, the Lux series is a fun and frivolous series, how can that stir your soul???

Because there are different interpretations as to how something moves a soul.
This book, these books… may not have changed my life, may not have given me reason to consider my viewpoints on the world… but they made me immeasurably happy. I derived such joy and happiness from these books. They made me feel like an excitable young girl again! I forgot my troubles; I forgot my regular life and I just got lost in the world of Daemon and Katy. And I fangirled… A LOT!!!

So for that reason alone I would award the entire series a five star rating. Something that imbues your life with such joy deserves high praise.

If you analyse each individual book; the crazy plots, the characterisations, the cookie cutter endings… then yes, five stars are probably too much.

But again I ask, why do we read?
We read because it gives us great pleasure! Because it is our hobby… What we choose to do with our free time… What makes us happy…

And these books made me very happy!!!

Once upon a time a book-blogging girl moved next door to a moody egotistical boy with an extra-terrestrial secret and against the odds they fell in love
And my new favourite book series was born…
I only wish that I could read it for the first time all over again

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opposition.

Jasmine &#x1f33b; See, an obvious evidence of your devouring this. It feels like the last time I'm online, I saw your comment saying you just finished Oblivion, and the next time after that, another comment saying you're loving Origin, and then the third time in here today, you already finished them ALL!!! Hahaha, it's a really interesting thing to keep track of your reading progress for this series, honestly and again, I'm extremely happy that you love this, Emer!!! Now forget about Daemon and embrace Aiden St. Delphi from the Covenant series, dear. :D <3

Emer ✔Jasmine✔ wrote: "See, an obvious evidence of your devouring this. It feels like the last time I'm online, I saw your comment saying you just finished Oblivion, and the next time after that, another comment saying y..."

LOL!!! I know it's crazy how quickly I sped through these but I do have free time on my hands at the minute....and what better way to spend it than with Daemon Black!!!!! I don't think I can read another J L Armentrout book for a little while though. It'd feel like cheating on Daemon lol!!! I want to read something very different next but I'm sure in a month or two I will be itching to find out more about this Aiden guy!! Like how could anyone compare to my Daemon!!! *swoons* Anyway thank you Jasmine!! Between you and Jasmin and your shared enthusiasm you both got me interested in this series and I really do love it so much. So I owe you big time!!! :)))) <3 xox

Reyes I wholeheartedly agree Emer!!! Why shouldn't you give 5 stars to something that has made your whole week, just because it will never win a Nobel prize? :) I have read classic, you-have-to-read-it books that left me rolling my eyes and absolutely bored, and I have also read silly things that made me all giggly and happy... They will not make me any smarter, but I will chose the second kind any time :))))

message 4: by Alafiya (new)

Alafiya Because there are different interpretations as to how something moves a soul.

Beautifully said. :') Lovely review, Emer.

Emer Reyes wrote: "I wholeheartedly agree Emer!!! Why shouldn't you give 5 stars to something that has made your whole week, just because it will never win a Nobel prize? :) I have read classic, you-have-to-read-it b..."

Thank you Reyes!!! ....Although you may have noticed I still only rated this book four stars!! Yikes!! I wish there was a way to rate the whole series on Goodreads!! Is there????? Probably not I suppose.... But I had such a blast reading these books this week that I think that style of review was the only way I could do them justice. Characterisations and plot points were irrelevant in the end...all that mattered is I freaking loved it all!!!!! XD I only wish I could read these books for the first time all over again!! :))) xox

Emer Alafiya wrote: "Because there are different interpretations as to how something moves a soul.

Awww thank you Alafiya *beams* you are too sweet to me :))) Xx

Aj the Ravenous Reader Woah! And you're done with the series?! Awesome, Emer and your review is even more awesome. I'm glad these books made you happy and your reviews made us happy. hehe

Jasmin AMAZING review Emer! Im so glad you enjoyed this wonderful series! You kept me looking forward to every status update and every review through your journey with Dameon and Katy!! You just increased my love for them. Thanks x
Lovely dear xox

Emer Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Woah! And you're done with the series?! Awesome, Emer and your review is even more awesome. I'm glad these books made you happy and your reviews made us happy. hehe"

I know! I really sped through these books and had such a blast reading them. It's so nice to just enjoy something so purely. So glad you enjoyed my crazy reviews and updates while I was reading. I can't believe how I really did revert to my crazy pre-teen self :)))) xox

Emer Jasmin wrote: "AMAZING review Emer! Im so glad you enjoyed this wonderful series! You kept me looking forward to every status update and every review through your journey with Dameon and Katy!! You just increased..."

Awww thank you Jasmin. I just loved this series so much!!! Daemon and Katy are just about my fav bookish couple ever now. I LOVE DAEMON BLACK SO MUCH WHY CANT HE BE REAL??????? Gaaaaaaaahhhh!!! But seriously thank you Jasmin. Like I said to Jasmine, if it wasn't for the two of you I would never have discovered this series and would have missed out on one of the happiest reading experiences of my life. So thank you soooooo much sweetness :)))))) I did start reading the prequel featuring Dawson and Bethany last night even though I said i wouldn't because it's got no Katy and very little Daemon!! (And you know I'm ALL about Daemon lol!) I'm just trying to squeeze every last bit of enjoyment out of it...but it's not quite the same... *lamenting sigh* But thank youuuuu so much!!!!! Xx

message 11: by Manasa (new)

Manasa Kannan Ooo I've heard loads of good stuff about this series. Gotta start soon. Beautiful review Emer! :)

Jasmin Haha yup that definetly the reactions I was hoping to get from you LOL
Your more than welcome!!!

Ayesha I'm soo happy that you liked this series, Emer!!!!You're gonna miss these alien jerks:))

Emer Manasa wrote: "Ooo I've heard loads of good stuff about this series. Gotta start soon. Beautiful review Emer! :)"

Oh you really do Manasa!! It is just utterly addictive and you will discover the BEST book boyfriend ever in Daemon Black!! :D Xx

Emer Jasmin wrote: "Haha yup that definetly the reactions I was hoping to get from you LOL
Your more than welcome!!!
Best feeling ever is having a friend of yours like your fav book or in this case books lol"

Awww Yaya :)))) and I truly LOVE these books.... be prepared for random Daemon posts and messages in the future I MISS HIM SO MUCH ALREADY!!!!!!!! :D

Emer Ayesha wrote: "I'm soo happy that you liked this series, Emer!!!!You're gonna miss these alien jerks:))"

My life feels hollow now Ayesha!! I don't know what to read next, how will anything compare to my favourite jerk face douchebag???????? *WAILS*

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

*wails with you*

message 18: by Councillor (new)

Councillor Wow, you really rushed through this series! Congratulations on finishing it, Emer. :D

Emer Shreya wrote: "*wails with you*"

Awwww <3 <3 Thank you Shreya!!!! XD

Emer Councillor wrote: "Wow, you really rushed through this series! Congratulations on finishing it, Emer. :D"

I know... Crazy right??? I guess it was a right place, right mood kind of thing!!! XD

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne They made you happy. That's all I need to know! **Happy you're happy** :))

Emer Anne wrote: "They made you happy. That's all I need to know! **Happy you're happy** :))"

*beams* lots of big cheesy grins kind of happy Anne! Xx