Barbara➰'s Reviews > Baby, Don't Go

Baby, Don't Go by Fiona Davenport

bookshelves: kindle-unlimited, perfect-hero, new-reads-2016, 5-star, ott-hero

**4.5 Caveman Stars**

I have really loved most of Ms. Davenport's books. She is definitely on my watch list for anything new because who doesn't like a possessive caveman? Jack certainly fit the bill in the neanderthal department. I loved his thoughts sometimes. He had me cracking up. Ellie was okay. She got on my nerves just a bit with her indecision about her job. I could understand it but still...I wanted her to say "fuck it!" and jump on Jack!

I really liked that they were friends first though they were both wanting more and were attracted to each other. It just took a small "push" in the right direction for Jack to make his move.

My one tiny complaint was I would cringe when Ellie called Jack "honey" but he talked about eating up her "honey". I didn't want to go there but my mind just couldn't help it lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Ms. Davenport comes up with next. Books like this fill my need for insta-love and dirty talking OTT heroes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby, Don't Go.

March 28, 2016 – Shelved
March 29, 2016 – Finished Reading
March 30, 2016 – Shelved as: new-reads-2016
March 30, 2016 – Shelved as: 5-star
April 11, 2016 – Shelved as: ott-hero

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Soonya (new)

Soonya Great review! :) I think I'm the only one who has issues that it took him 1,6 year to insta love her. LOL

Barbara➰ Yeah, I was hesitant to read it but honestly, it didn't bother me. It seemed they just knew each other in passing really at first but I think them becoming friends first added to the attraction. I don't usually like friends to lovers because I don't usually buy the attraction all of a sudden but they were both attracted to each other from the beginning and once they started hanging out it came to a head. IDK...it just worked for me this time lol. Maybe I'm just in a good mood right now hahaha.

message 3: by Soonya (new)

Soonya It's great it worked for you! :) I find it funny it bothered me since apparently they both dated, but I think we never got confirmation on her dating life during those 2 years and I would have been happier if it was mentioned she had sex. LOL

Barbara➰ I got the feeling she had though. I don't remember exactly what her thoughts were but it led me to believe she had. Really neither one was talked about much at all tbh. I think it's just left up to us to assume.

message 5: by Deserie (new) - added it

Deserie williams great review:) I think because they both had that attraction to each other and didn't do anything about it I'm ok with this. it seems to me it took both of them long to realize it. Idk will see when I read it:)

message 6: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

Bookloverme Great review hun! :)

Eve (Between The Bookends) I cringe whenever a heroine calls a hero "honey" *lol*

I didn't take it like they were all "goo-goo" attracted to each other for two years. It felt like they had more of a work relationship, acquaintance, passing friendship, but then they started hanging out more and became friends 6 months prior to this book and that is when feelings really started to happen...just my 2 cents. :)

Barbara➰ Eve wrote: "I cringe whenever a heroine calls a hero "honey" *lol*

It was kind of confusing bec he does say he thought he loved her two years ago but didn't realize it?? So, I'm not sure about that. I think Gi mentioned that in her review.

To me, they were attracted in the sense of wow that person's good looking kind of way but when they became friends they realize it's more.

Barbara➰ Bookloverme wrote: "Great review hun! :)"

Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks ladies!

Barbara➰ Deserie wrote: "great review:) I think because they both had that attraction to each other and didn't do anything about it I'm ok with this. it seems to me it took both of them long to realize it. Idk will see whe..."

Well, they're busy doctors who saw each other in passing then were sort of pushed together to work on a case. To me, it wasn't unreasonable they didn't act on it until then.