Andrea L.'s Reviews > The Darkest Magic

The Darkest Magic by Morgan Rhodes

Jun 13, 2017

4/5 stars

The Darkest Magic is the second book in the the Spirits and Thieves series. (I think it is a series I am not sure) You do not have to read Morgan Rhodes other series Falling Kingdoms before reading this series. I do recommend the other series and I do like it better than this one.

The beginning in my opinion was a very slow start. I didn't really cared what happened and I wasn't really invested in the story. As the book went one, I did enjoy it more. It feel like I didn't remember everything important that happened in the first book. Some things caught me by surprise. I eventually did remember what happens.

I really love the world of Mytica. I enjoyed being back in the world. I thought the world development is very good and the magic system is very easy to understand.

This book continues where the first book left off. It is told in third person and we follow the POV of four different characters Crystal, Becca, Farrell, and Maddox. My favourite POV has to be Farrell. I do enjoy reading from Crystal's point of view. I didn't really care much about Becca or Maddox's point of view. Towards the end of the book I did enjoy Maddox's point of view a bit more.

The ending, I need the next book now! I feel like I say that to every sequel I read.

Overall all I do recommend this series. I do not recommend reading this in a reading slump because it does take a lot of focus when reading. I do also recommend reading books in between each book to help prevent you from getting in a reading slump.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Magic.

March 28, 2016 – Shelved
June 10, 2017 –
page 152
June 11, 2017 –
page 316
74.18% "This book is can be so good at times yet it can also be very boring."
June 13, 2017 – Finished Reading