Brooke's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

bookshelves: syd-tbr-list, book-club
Read 2 times. Last read December 15, 2018 to December 20, 2018.

Cassandra Clare always keeps me on my toes, turning pages until I reach the ending...and the conclusion. Clockwork Angel was no exception! I was thrust back into the Shadow World, but also back in time to the Institute in London, where I met new characters and read about a new plot.

I LOVED Tessa's character; maybe more-so than Clary in the Mortal Instruments series. However, I admire them both for their different attributes. :) I liked how Tessa was much more direct, and very brave and courageous. I loved Jem's character, as well. He was so sweet, and different. I was also very concerned about him throughout the book, which goes to show what an amazing writer Cassandra Clare really is!!

The only character I didn't fall in love with was Will, which was a disappointment for me. In my opinion, Will was just like Jace from the Mortal Instruments series. I've already fallen for Jace, so it was hard to read into Will's character when, the whole time, it was hard to picture him.

The plot was different than the Mortal Instruments series, with tons of action. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, and that's what made it such a good book. I'm excited to read the next book, because the cliffhanger ending makes me curious...

Cassandra Clare, IF YOU LIKE TO WRITE CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS, THEN PLEASE PUBLISH THE NEXT BOOKS IN THE SERIES MUCH MUCH SOONER.

- Brooke! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Brooke Liked

Cassandra Clare
“You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't.”

Cassandra Clare
“How strange to have the power to literally transform yourself into other people, and yet be so unable to put yourself in their place.”

Cassandra Clare
“That was enterprising," Will sounded nearly impressed.
Nate smiled. Tess shot him a furious look. "Don't look pleased with yourself. When Will says 'enterprising' he means 'morally deficient.'"
"No, I mean enterprising," said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say, 'Now, that's something I would have done'.”

Cassandra Clare
“I have mastered many things in my life. Navigating the streets of London, speaking French without an accent, dancing the quadrille, the Japanese art of flower arranging, lying at charades, concealing a highly intoxicated state, delighting young women with my charms..."

Tessa stared.

"Alas," he went on, "no one has ever actually referred to me as 'the master,' or 'the magister,' either. More's the pity...”

Cassandra Clare
“A little girl robbed you?" Tessa said.
"Actually, she wasn’t a little girl at all, as it turns out, but a midget in a dress with a penchant for violence, who goes by the name of Six-Fingered Nigel."
"Easy mistake to make," Jem said.”

Cassandra Clare
“Must you go? I was rather hoping you'd stay and be a ministering angel, but if you must go, you must."

"I'll stay," Will said a bit crossly, and threw himself down in the armchair Tessa had just vacated. "I can minister angelically."

"None too convincingly. And you're not as pretty to look at as Tessa is," Jem said, closing his eyes as he leaned back against the pillow.

"How rude. Many who have gazed upon me have compared the experience to gazing at the radiance of the sun."

Jem still had his eyes closed. "If they mean it gives you a headache, they aren't wrong.”

Cassandra Clare
“It isn't against the Law to be an idiot.”

April 6, 2011 – Shelved