Amy 's Reviews > The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away by A.J. Pine

18019707

bookshelves: 2016, 4-5-stars, review-books

4.5, You hung the moon, Stars!!

“I wasn’t in love with her. It took being with her to realize that I was already with the person I loved most. She just didn’t know it yet.”

“I lied to myself–and to you–for a long time. But every day for eleven years, even when I wouldn’t admit it, I’ve loved you. It never lasted with anyone else because you’ve always had my heart.”

I just loved this book to pieces!! This is the perfect spring/summer friends to lovers romance. One of the first things that caught my attention was this cover. The colors that were used are fantastic. I knew I had to find out more. And once I read the synopsis, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this read. There is just so much to love about this book; you won’t be sorry you checked it out!!

Told from dual points of view, The One That Got Away follows the story of Brynn and Jamie. For Brynn and Jamie, the timing was never right. You see, Jamie has always been in love with Brynn, but too afraid to do or say anything about it. So, when the opportunity to kiss the girl of his dreams comes up, Jamie can’t say no. However, life had other plans and things never went past a kiss. Now, 10 years later, fate has intervened again. Jamie has tried to move on and ignore his feelings for Brynn, but that is just something that proves to be impossible. Jamie can’t go another day without letting Brynn know how he truly feels…Will Jamie finally get the courage to tell Brynn how he feels? Will these two get their HEA? You’ll just have to read to find out!

The One That Got Away was such a fun and light read. I am such a sucker for a good friends to lovers romance and this one had me from the very beginning. I just loved and adored Brynn and Jamie from the moment I met the two of them. Not only were they amazing friends, but they had such great chemistry. There were so many missed chances between the two of them and I couldn’t help but find myself rooting for the two of them. I couldn’t help but hope that they’d finally get their chance.

The One That Got Away is a fantastic start to The Kingston Ale House Series. It is a quick, easy read that is full of heart and light on the drama. You can definitely read it in one sitting. The story-line is fun and the characters are entertaining. This book will make you laugh. It will make you shake your head. It will frustrate you at times. It will make you swoon and it will make you fall in love. I loved everything about this book and can not wait to see where the series will go next!

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One That Got Away.

March 28, 2016 – Started Reading