DJ Sakata's Reviews > Never Trust a Skinny Cupcake Baker

Never Trust a Skinny Cupcake Baker by D.E. Haggerty

bookshelves: cozy-mystery

Favorite Quotes:

Anna’s not even five feet tall and, with her bright pink spiky hair, easily confused with a pixie. The girl doesn’t even weigh enough to donate blood – let alone drag a heifer like me across my kitchen.

I debate leaving my glasses in my locker but decide I’d rather look like the nerd I am than be the idiot that knocks herself out when she walks into a door. It wouldn’t be the first time.

My Review:

D.E. Haggerty is a sure thing – she has never failed to put a smirk on my face. Her latest cozy mystery guarantees an afternoon of delightful entertainment with likable and relevant characters, snark, clever humor, and a fun plot. I adored Callie and her tendency to spout off obscure yet loosely relevant trivia when nervous. She has a real woman’s body and struggles more than a little with body issues, although she also enjoys her baked goods. Most of us will see a bit of ourselves in Callie, I hope that you notice her intelligence and perseverance as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Trust a Skinny Cupcake Baker.

March 28, 2016 – Shelved
April 8, 2016 – Started Reading
April 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Alisha (last edited Apr 11, 2016 06:34PM) (new)

Alisha Webster I love this title <3 You're piling up my TBR :P