Charlotte's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Mar 28, 2016

Read 4 times. Last read July 22, 2016 to July 26, 2016.

(I read the illustrated version but there's no book for it on here so I'm marking it as the first actual book)

This illustrated version did something truly magical: it made me feel like I was reading this story for the first time. yes of course I've read it countless times but the addition of the beautiful drawings and not knowing which scenes would be brought to life as illustrations added an extra level of excitement.

I've previously rated this book 4 stars after every re-read but I've decided to bump it up to the full five stars as I realised while reading this edition how great this story really is. Not just in terms of the incredible world and characters, but the pacing.

I never thought I'd honestly feel like I was reading this for the first time again, but I did with this edition and I honestly cried.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
July 31, 2015 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
August 1, 2015 –
page 192
57.83% (Other Hardcover Edition)
December 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Hardcover Edition)
March 28, 2016 – Shelved
July 22, 2016 – Started Reading
July 22, 2016 –
page 1
0.31% "Because there seems to be no illustrated version of the first book logged on Goodreads, I'm going to be marking my progress by the first book. But I am in fact reading the new illustrated version."
July 23, 2016 –
page 74
23.13% "This illustrated version is so beautiful"
July 24, 2016 –
page 149
46.56% "at the quidditch chapter in the illustrated edition eeeek :D"
July 26, 2016 – Finished Reading
August 14, 2016 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 13, 2017 – Started Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 13, 2017 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 16, 2017 –
page 15
6.73% "Re-reading this for the millionth time because shiny new editions!" (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 19, 2017 –
page 133
59.64% (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 20, 2017 –
page 175
78.48% (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 24, 2017 – Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)