Andrea Guy's Reviews > Friday Mornings at Nine

Friday Mornings at Nine by Marilyn Brant

Apr 06, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-reads, crazybooktours, chicklit
Read from April 06 to 10, 2011

Friday Mornings At Nine wasn't quite what I expected. Each woman in the story was hitting a crisis point in their marriages. As the story started it was hard to believe that any of the ladies would stay in their current situations.

Brandt writes from three different point of views in this novel, and each woman is vastly different from the others. The only thing they have in common is a dissatisfaction with were they are in their lives.

She really does a great job showing her readers why the women are in the state that they are in. She also shows how they grow and come to terms with their relationships, even if the end results aren't what the reader would expect.

This book isn't about happily ever afters. If it was, Jennifer, Bridget and Tamara would have either found new loves or stayed happily with their husbands, but that isn't the case. Marilyn makes these women real. The feel hardships. They make mistakes, some that they regret. None of them are perfect, but that's why the reader is drawn to them.

They all harbor, hopes and dreams that they cast aside years earlier for marriage. Marilyn takes you on their journey of self discovery.

Of the three women, Jennifer is the one who surprised me the most. She seemed more comfortable in her marriage and yet, when the story was ending, her marriage still wasn't good. I wished a little more for Bridget because she was the mousey one of the bunch. As for Tamara, the outcome there was what was expected.

I found this book hard to put down. Once I got wrapped up in the characters lives I didn't want to put it down. The only thing that bugged me was that she left some loose ends with Jennifer. I would have liked to have seen her situation res

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friday Mornings at Nine.