Judy Lewis's Reviews > Hoodoo Blue

Hoodoo Blue by Katalina Leon

Read 2 times. Last read March 26, 2016.

A TREASURE TROVE OF MAGICAL GOODNESS !!!
Title: HooDoo Blue
Series: Sorcery By The Sea
Author: Katalina Leon
Designation: Book One, Standalone Novella, NO Cliffhanger
My Rating: FIVE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS STARS*****
So, a witch and a lycan walk into a bar.....Yeah, yeah, I know - it sounds like the first line of a bad joke but Hoodoo Blue is no joke! It's an uproariously comical, laugh out loud funny, fantastically awesome novella by Katalina Leon and I loved it! I read this story last year when it was originally published but the story has since been revamped, re-edited and expanded with more side-splitting humor and irresistible hotness, and she's even added a beautiful new cover. Leon is a gifted storyteller and has dazzled us yet again with her extraordinary imagination and outrageously delicious wit. I've been a Katalina Leon fan for several years and she never fails to deliver a delightfully entertaining read. The story is exciting, funny, imaginative, unique, romantic, sweet, heartwarming, and sizzling hot. The dialog is smart, snarky, funny, well executed and flows beautifully. Yes, the book is exceptionally well crafted and the narrative is beautifully written in the third person but it's the cast of larger than life characters that steal the show in this paranormal romantic comedy. They are captivating, engaging, sassy, sexy and downright hilarious. If you love your romance filled to the brim with heated attraction, steamy passion, outrageous humor and a liberal splash of magical mayhem, then this is definitely the read for you! What did I love about this book? Duh...is that a trick question?!? I loved everything! What didn't I like? Not a darn thing! Would I recommend this story? You bet and I am! Will I read this author again! Abso-freakin-lutely!
When dangerous wiccan green energy plasma bolts begin to fire uncontrollably from her fingertips every time she has a sexual thought, beautiful curvaceous witch Fredericka Del la Cruz knows she's in for trouble. Sure, she's a witch, but this is so not normal - even for her! There's no way she'll ever be able to date again, especially after what happened last time. She's still doing community service for that fiasco! But in her defense, that guy was such a jerk and deserved her wrath, although no one except her magically challenged best friend and fellow witch Estele seems to agree. Nope - no more dates for her! And unfortunately, it seems there'll be no more orgasms in the near future either - last time she almost flooded the kitchen. Good grief, a wet dream would most likely result in her house burning down! Oh gracious! Apparently, her bungling bestie Estele doesn't get the memo! She has plans for Fredi - and those plans include a handsome sexy lycan named Gus, a magical hoodoo spell and a surprise hookup at an enchanted cocktail lounge called the Voodoo Hoodoo! Oh my! Sparks fly! Attraction builds! Desires burn! Passion ignites! Literally! Good Golly Miss Molly! I laughed so hard, tears streamed from my eyes! Beautiful saucy witch who has a seriously unlucky track record with men along with dangerous magical control issues - check! Handsome sexy wolf with an unfortunate shifting problem and control issues of his own - check! An inconvenient full moon - check! Magic, mayhem, a spell gone wrong, humor, romance and just a little comical angst - oh yeah, in spades! Heated attraction, fiery passion and dreamy romance - you bet! That and a whole lot more! Leon grabbed me on the first page and held me totally captivated until the very last line! If you love saucy humor and supernatural romance with a twist, then you will LOVE this book! Don't walk, run to one click Hoodoo Blue by Katalina Leon! Fantastic entertainment and an awesome read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hoodoo Blue.

Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
February 28, 2015 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
March 2, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
Started Reading