Heidi's Reviews > Power Play

Power Play by Ridley Pearson

Apr 05, 2011

bookshelves: audio, fantasy, young-adult

I liked this Kingdom Keepers book better than any except maybe the first one. Finn and his friends are called upon once again to save the Disney parks from the Overtakers, comprised of the villains from the Disney movies. Maleficent is locked up, so the new group of Overtakers is led by Cruella de Ville and Snow White's Evil Queen.

All these books feel like one long Disneyworld commercial, but the commercial fit better with the action in this fourth book. The Kim Possible Quest at EPCOT, where kids use handheld devices to search the park looking for clues and solving mysteries, sounded like a great idea and I hope it's real. And I hope they make something similar for grown-ups.

I was delighted that some of the good Disney characters finally made an appearance. I always wondered where the good guys were hiding when the villains were roaming the parks at night.

I listen to these books while exercising, and there were times with this book that I got so caught up in the action that I managed to forget I was running on a treadmill for entire seconds at a time. Anything that can do that for me is good stuff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Play.