Cate's Reviews > The Girl Who Became a Beatle

The Girl Who Became a Beatle by Greg     Taylor

Apr 05, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended to Cate by: my favorite librarian!
Recommended for: Teens who have good taste in music

I LOVE THE BEATLES!!
In this book, this silly girl, Regina, thinks that her band is totally awesome and whatever. And then, they break up. She goes home all pouty and upset, I guess because her life depended on this band. So she wishes she was as popular as her all time favorites, The Beatles.

Silly billy, be careful what you wish for! She soon finds out that she is not only as popular as the Beatles, but she has completely erased them from history! Whoops! She's got about a week or so (its been a while since I read this) to decide if she wants to go back to her real world where she is a total loser, or stay in the world where she is rock star.

Why on Earth would she want to even consider getting rid of the greatest band off all time? How selfish is that? And she gets to take credit for all the Lennon/McCartney (and I'm assuming Harrison as well) songs.

What doesn't really make since though (and I guess we're supposed to just play along on this) is that Regina and her band are in modern times. With modern day musicians. How would modern day music be the same with the Beatles, who influenced basically everyone (directly and indirectly). In the book itself, she even makes a comment about The Monkees.
Oh well i guess that's just me over thinking it.

Despite that, I really enjoyed this book. I just like to complain in all my reviews.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Became a Beatle.

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina where is the review???

Cate omg, let me add one!