Betsy's Reviews > Killer View

Killer View by Ridley Pearson

Apr 05, 2011

Read from April 05 to 09, 2011

This was my second (and favorite) book in the Walt Fleming series. You've got good and bad guys on snow mobiles and snow shoes navigating through mountain wilderness, secret motives and good/bad gray area. There are reclusive backwoodsmen and heroic lawmen. There's just enough hint of romance to keep you guessing but not enough to bog down the plot.

One thing I like about Pearson's characters is that they actually use their brains and never fall into the stereotypical rolls of self-aggrandized evil genius vs rambo. Every character is believable and unpredictable. Nonetheless, after about 50 pages I realized this would fit into the wilderness action movie genre and couldn't help but try to imagine who would play Walt and other characters if Hollywood every developed a screen play.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer View.

Brianna  Burgos Do you know if this specific series should be read in order to understand everything? Or do they individually consist of different stories?

Betsy I don't think so. You will meet recurring characters, I think, but if you read out of order it's just like a flashback, not necessarily a spoiler.

Brianna  Burgos Oh okay I see. I had bought Killer View a while ago but haven't started it yet and I just now realized its part of a series so I got a bit worried. Either way I think I'm just going to read them in order to stay safe. Thanks a lot!