Sharron's Reviews > The Invisible Bridge

The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

Apr 05, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-books-read

I found my time with this book to be well spent. It is an elegant book with details that inhabit you and get beneath your skin. The book follows Andras Levi, a Hungarian architectural student studying in Paris, through the late 1930's and into the 1940's. Levi and his family and friends are swept up by World War II. I loved Orringer's writing and it is obvious she researched her subject very carefully. In the epilogue she states the book was inspired by her own families history. Although this book is long, almost 600 pages, it is a page turner and not difficult to finish. I recommend it highly.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Bridge.

April 5, 2011 – Started Reading
April 5, 2011 – Shelved
page 20
page 0
April 25, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-books-read
April 25, 2011 – Finished Reading

Lisa Vegan I so want my book club to read this one but I might have to eventually read it on my own. Julie Orringer's How to Breathe Underwater: Stories is one of my favorite ever books of short stories.

Sharron This would be a great choice for a book club. There is a lot of material to talk about. I hope you get your wish.

Lisa Vegan Thanks, Sharron.