Gary Carper's Reviews > Plan 9: Official Movie Novelization

Plan 9 by Matthew Warner

Mar 23, 2016

Being quite familiar with the original film, not to mention being extremely familiar with the movie this novelization is of. I would have to say that it was for me, very bizarre to read something that I had worked on professionally.

This novelization took a few things from the movie itself, and changed them, in my opinion for the better in some ways, more description that you just cannot get in a movie. More backstory of characters, which at times can be difficult for most movies to succeed in doing properly as it is. Well written, well executed, the author very much captured the unique actors/actresses takes on the characters as well as giving them more depth. While reading it I completely saw the film in my head using the book as its script, if that isn't too difficult to explain.
I did quite like how the resurrected zombies had a "voice" so to speak in seeing through their eyes.

I do wish however, that the novel could of gone more into Eros and his backstory just a wee bit, we did not get much of it in the movie and I was hoping to get a bit more through the novelization.

But overall, Bravo Mr. Warner, Bravo.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plan 9.

March 23, 2016 – Started Reading