The Book Junkie Reads . . .'s Reviews > A Death Along the River Fleet

A Death Along the River Fleet by Susanna Calkins

From The Book Junkie Reads . . . A Death Along the River Fleet (Lucy Campion Mysteries, #4) . . .
Historical details, mystery, suspense . . .a page turner.
Cloak & Dagger. This fourth installment in the Lucy Campion Mysteries series has given me an appreciation of the Historical Mystery. I think that this was more due to the fact that the female lead was not what I was expecting.

Lucy and Constable Duncan make a good team with the investigation of this young woman and what had become of her. Calkins makes this journey to the truth on that will be felt with each new discovery. The momentum builds with small clues here and there. Almost like little bread crumbs being left for discovery. As clues to the young woman's past are uncovered there was a premise of intrigue.

I felt at peace by the last line of the last page. Calkins does not leave me with wanting to know how, when, where, why or any other of those questions that can sometime go un-answered. I was able to follow along in Lucy and Constable Duncan's logic, maybe not at the exact time it was happening but that was the intriguing part of it.

I enjoyed this page turner so much I am getting the remainder of the series from the library this weekend and will begin my little on mystery-read-a-thon on Lucy Campion.

**This ARC was provided via Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Death Along the River Fleet.

March 23, 2016 – Shelved