Jyllian Martini's Reviews > Tailchaser's Song

Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams

Feb 20, 2008

liked it

I have to say I don't like Tad Williams. This may be because an ex roommate's boyfriend could NOT shut up about him. It may also be the number of times I've picked up one of his books and put it down, just put off by how silly and meandering his writing seems.

I will also admit I haven't tried him in recent years.

And finally, I do like this book. I desire to read/own every 'talking cat" book out there, just as I must possess all cat shoes.

I've read this several times since er, high school maybe? And recently picked it up again when we were all suffering from the flu and couldn't get to the bookstore or library.

I'm still irritated with the part that certainly seems to be anti-neutering/spaying since I am a firm believer in bringing down the over population of cats so that none have to be euthanized simply because no one will give them a home. I've spent too much time volunteering in shelters not to believe that spaying and neutering is the best way. I understand that this stand makes sense in the context of the book, but I find it irresponsible, nonetheless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tailchaser's Song.