Christelle's Reviews > Imperfect Harmony

Imperfect Harmony by Jay Northcote

liked it
bookshelves: kindle-unltd, mm-age-gap, mm-comfort-read, mm-steamy

A sweet and sexy romance about second chance

David and Rhys are different. One is 42 years old, the other one 23, one is quite shy, the other one quite vibrant. But they have 2 things in common : they are grieving the loss of their partners and they share a passion with music. When they meet, feelings they haven’t experienced for a long time start to grow. However, they have to let go of the memory of their past lovers and their difference in age.

Jay Northcote is a great author and the premises of the story are solid. Despite all this, I couldn’t get into the story and, although the steam was there and I enjoyed some of the banter, it felt too slow, too quiet and sometimes clinical for me. In summary, it was just an OK read for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Harmony.

March 23, 2016 – Shelved
March 23, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 17, 2016 – Started Reading
April 17, 2016 –
51.0% "A slow burn, some awkward moments. I wonder how it will flourish"
April 18, 2016 – Shelved as: kindle-unltd
April 18, 2016 – Shelved as: mm-age-gap
April 18, 2016 – Shelved as: mm-comfort-read
April 18, 2016 – Shelved as: mm-steamy
April 18, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Renée I think it had a lot of clinical parts too. Great review!

Christelle Thanks Renée. it was sooo slow (I got your comment now) and then, nothing can more kill the mood than asking "should we do it now to get it over with" (???).
And now, I'm scared to start Selfie : I need to take a breath so not to go into it in a bad disposition :-(

Renée Selfie wasn't as bad as some other Lane books, so there's that.

Karen Christelle wrote: "Thanks Renée. it was sooo slow (I got your comment now) and then, nothing can more kill the mood than asking "should we do it now to get it over with" (???).
And now, I'm scared to start Selfie : I..."

Ooookkkk...I'm pretty much thinking if you have ask that then maybe you already have your answer...lol. Just putting that out there for the universe.

Karen Also lovely review. I have this one to read but maybe I won't rush to get to it ;)

Christelle Karen wrote: "Also lovely review. I have this one to read but maybe I won't rush to get to it ;)"

You never know : Dani and Ele liked it. I was blessed reading lots of books in a row I really loved, so maybe it couldn't last (*cough* : who am I kidding !!)

Karen Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Also lovely review. I have this one to read but maybe I won't rush to get to it ;)"

Honestly I won't be getting to this one for a bit because I have an A.M. Arthur angst fest coming up and a whole lot of series to catch up on so I shall see it when I see it and in the meantime it will wait patiently for me. But I have to admit I'm curious to see which side of the fence I fall on will I 'love it' or 'leave it'?

Christelle I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!

message 9: by Ele (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ele I blame this on the fact that you read it after Santino's books. Clearly, you ' re book hangovered.

Karen Christelle wrote: "I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!"

Seriously have you read the first two book in her Perspectives series? Because I'm probably going to read The Heart As He Hears It (Perspectives, #3) by A.M. Arthur once I'm done with Dirty Hearts if you'd like to buddy read it?

Christelle Ele wrote: "I blame this on the fact that you read it after Santino's books. Clearly, you ' re book hangovered."

100% hangovered : it's heaven :-)

Christelle Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!"

Seriously have you read the first two book in her Perspectives series? Because I'm probably going to read [bookcover:The Heart As He..."

Shane and Noel are one of my fav couples :-) And today's is release date for the heart as he sees it : my kindle is waiting for it !! OK to BR it with you. Just let me know when you're ready !!

Karen Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!"

Awesome probably tomorrow, no let's say Thursday for sure, Ok?

Christelle Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!"

OK for Thursday : need, really need to finish first & first before, it's sooo good !

Karen Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!"

Will Thursday give you enough time to finish it? We can move it to Friday or Saturday it that works better?

Christelle Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Christelle wrote: "I'm all In for your AM Arthur angst fest !!"

Seriously have you read the first two book in her Perspectives ser..."

No, OK for me : I can't put this book down and I know my night won't be spent sleeping :-)

message 17: by Virginia (new) - added it

Virginia Cavanillas Between your boredom and Elsa's opinion about the lack of chemistry it goes to the "maybe" shelf. And if I add the furry thing Ariana is so proud of... well... I don't know what to think anymore... ;)
Great review sweets!

Karen Hey there my friend. I have to admit I enjoyed this one. I listened to the audio so I'm not sure maybe it wouldn't have worked as well as an e-book but on audio it work.

Christelle Vir wrote: "Between your boredom and Elsa's opinion about the lack of chemistry it goes to the "maybe" shelf. And if I add the furry thing Ariana is so proud of... well... I don't know what to think anymore......"

LOL : yeah, I remember Ariana's comment about fur. And as I do a lot of massages, I've really come to loath too much hair ;)
As for this book, yes, it's all about a very down-to earth romance, which I usually like a lot because one can relate. But it felt too "quiet" for me. I need some "passion" in my books !!