Paul's Reviews > The Builders

The Builders by Daniel Polansky

Mar 23, 2016

An interesting and quirky short book , set in a world of anthropomorphised animals coming together to re-fight an old battle in a civil war.
The book manages on the one hand to be dark and violent while still having an element of fun as to how its all set up. The animals all have a bit of nature about them and its interesting to see how that surfaces as the plot moves.
The story itself isn't the most complex, a revenge story with a couple of twists but the end makes it all both an interesting statement and a tongue in cheek joke.
My first book by the author and interesting enough to entice me to his longer work

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Builders.

March 23, 2016 – Shelved
March 23, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 10, 2016 – Started Reading
April 11, 2016 –
page 111
April 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian O'Sullivan His Low Town series is quite good, Paul. He has a beautiful writing style as well, much better than most fantasy writers out there.

Paul I did enjoy his style here. The series has been recommended before , part of my reason for trying the shorter book. I'll definitely move onto the Low Town books soon enough.

sir Lancer Cairns I Concur Brian. I am currently reading the fi AL book of the trilogy She who Waits, and have The Builders ready to go as an ebook. Really enjoy Polansky's writing style (I must since will have read all three books in my last 15 or so reads.