J.'s Reviews > Iron Fist

Iron Fist by Aaron Allston

Apr 04, 2011

liked it

I'm of two minds when it comes to this book. I think that some of the hurdles presented in the previous installments have been corrected and as such the story is able to move forward without those nagging hindrances. That having been said it felt a bit boring in contrast with it's predecessors and even though it's the shortest of the series thus far it never really seemed to pop the way the others did.

It's hard to write a review for a book that is neither great nor terrible. It's harder still for me to specifically pinpoint what makes the book feel like it fell short. It's better written overall than Allston's first installment and the story is compelling, with the subterfuge of a previously staunch Imperial agent having to navigate her new life as a pilot for the Republic. Those story beats alone make the book worth reading.

Perhaps it just felt a little bit too much like filler. I can't say for sure. I wasn't truly disappointed in the book, it simply didn't connect with me the way that I was expecting. I think it fits well in the overall scheme but does little else. And maybe that's okay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Fist.

April 4, 2011 – Started Reading