Zuky the BookBum's Reviews > The Ploughmen

The Ploughmen by Kim Zupan

bookshelves: 4-stars, 2016

Also read my review here: http://bookbum.weebly.com/book-review...

Darling - come alone to the shed.

I’ve found it so hard to write a review for this book because it was such a moving, descriptive novel. It was sort of one of those reads that I loved for no particular reason, it was just a gorgeous book at the right time.

This book was by no means an “easy read”, it has some very dark and upsetting subjects running throughout it but it was one of those reads that I fell into so easily and smoothly every time I picked it back up. It was a complete pleasure to read. I gave it only 4 stars because various things in my day-to-day life made my reading of this very choppy, so I think I’d like to read this again in the future in a more relaxed time and maybe this would even get a 5 star rating.

I think this book and its characters are definitely going to stay with me for a while. Valentine was a precious soul, and in his own way, John was too.

Thanks to my quarterly challenge for forcing me into reading this because I don’t think I would have picked it up for years and years otherwise!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ploughmen.

March 23, 2016 – Shelved
March 23, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 21, 2016 – Started Reading
July 21, 2016 –
page 27
10.55% "I tried to find my actual edition but it's not on here! I wish I had this edition, the cover is much nicer..."
July 22, 2016 –
page 57
22.27% "I'm already feeling the intensity between Gload and Millimaki. I think I'm going to really enjoy this one."
July 25, 2016 –
page 83
32.42% "I have a 3 hour flight tonight so I'm hoping to finish this on that!"
July 29, 2016 –
page 162
63.28% "I forgot to update this as I was reading it, oops"
July 30, 2016 –
page 203
79.3% "This just got rly sad, poor Val"
July 30, 2016 – Finished Reading