Jessica's Reviews > Quitter

Quitter by Jon Acuff

Apr 04, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, nook-book, non-fiction
Read from June 01 to 04, 2011

Really really liked this book. It definitely helped me to feel more at peace with the job I have now, but I would love to read it again and take notes in order to form some action steps that I need to take in order to move forward. My problem is that I don't exactly know what my dream is anymore, so I need to figure that out first in order to move toward it. :) Very quick read, and the author is funny. He is a Christian, but the book is not preachy or honestly even that "spiritual," so I don't think someone should be put off by that fact. However, if you are looking for a "Christian" book that will basically tell you how to "seek God's will" or pray for your dream, this is not the book. But if you are a Christian, you can certainly seek God throughout each step of your journey and still use Jon's advice and wisdom to help you. He does refer to his job with Dave Ramsey and his blog (stuffchristianslike.net) quite a bit. I could see where this could also be off-putting, but you can choose to let it bother you or to just get over it. All in all, I definitely enjoyed the book and would recommend it.

[Read it on my Nook.]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quitter.