Brittany's Reviews > Selected Stories

Selected Stories by Alice Munro

did not like it
bookshelves: read-in-japan

OMG, I am so happy I'm finally done with book. Apparently I am not a fan of short stories. I don't like how by the time you have gotten to know a character the story is over. And when these short stories end, they just end. There's never much of an ending. I just don't get the appeal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selected Stories.

February 20, 2008 – Shelved
Started Reading
August 25, 2008 – Shelved as: read-in-japan
August 25, 2008 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Martin Roberts Hi, I'm glad to find someone with whom I agree entirely! I likewise found it hard going because the stories were so tedious, I kept falling asleep. The prose plods, the content is banal and there is never anything like a sting-in-the-tail ending; the reader is merely mercifully released.
This is the cover to the edition I read, BT.

Sérgio De andrade You probably don't appreciate Oscar Wilde or Anderssen either. That's too bad...

Martin Roberts O Sérgio, poupa-me comentários pessoáis. Que tem a ver a Munro com Wilde ou Andersen, o um escritor qualquer?

Sérgio De andrade "Apparently I am not a fan of short stories". Those are generic terms.

Martin Roberts "Apparently I am not a fan of short stories" Quem disse isso? Eu não. Responde à pergunta que eu fiz: Que tem a ver a Munro com Wilde ou Andersen, o um escritor qualquer?

Sérgio De andrade Aparentemente está a haver uma confusão. Estou a responder à Brittany, razão pela qual estou a escrever em inglês

Martin Roberts Então peço desculpas, pa. Está-se bem e boas leituras!