LKM's Reviews > Lifelong Writing Habit: The Secret to Writing Every Day

Lifelong Writing Habit by Chris  Fox

it was ok

Since I'm the first to rate this book 2-stars, I guess I owe explaining the "low" rating...

The book is nice and short, short in a good, to-the-point kind of way; it has some solid advice, and some solid pre-writing preparation tips, and some interesting notes on habit building. That said, it is less about writing itself and more about the actual building of the habit (where the habit just happens to be writing), and about half of the book only marginally mentions writing and instead goes into how you should basically just be organized in everything else so you can write without excuses or interruptions.
And hey, I get it, it does help a lot to be organized in order to develop a good habit, be it writing or exercising or whatever.
But if you read habit-building books, organizing books, and/or writing books, this one... adds nothing new.
If you've never read one of those then this makes for a very nice sum-up on the basics of getting organized and developing (any kind of) habits; but you can also get the same information in a single blog post found with any google search.

To sum it up, it's an ok book, but it didn't add anything new for me. I got a lot more value out of his 21-day challenge series on youtube.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lifelong Writing Habit.

March 22, 2016 – Started Reading