Amy A's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

F 50x66
Apr 04, 2011

bookshelves: riley-jenson-series
Read from May 04 to 06, 2011

I find it nice to come back to reading this series. Getting back in with the characters. I found this particular entry to flow very nicely. The two mysteries (which seem to now be a required) fit very nicely together. I would have to say they worked together nicer than the last two books where one crime would end way too soon and the other would go on for too long. There was enough time spent on both of them, and I didn't get confused about which was which. They were both definitely defined.

There were some things that made be wonder where it came from. I haven't been reading the books back to back, but I am positive that there has never been mention of Jack being a bird shifter before and all of a sudden at the beginning of this book Riley makes mention of it while she's trying to learn how to fly. There were a couple other instances like that where I felt like the action happened offstage and we were just learning the information.

The sex was VERY toned down in this one. Maybe that is why the mystery plotline worked so well, because it actually got the focus it deserved instead of taking backseat to who Riley was with at the time. I was happy that Quinn made his reappearance in this book. I really hope they can build their relationship up. It seems that both of them realize the mistakes they made before and will hopefully contiue to work on it.

I look forward to rading the rest of the series. I hope they all can continue in the same fashion as this one. I definitely think this is the strongest installment since the first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.

05/04/2011 page 20
6.0% "Glad to be back with old "friends". Just finished an emotional book so it's nice to step back to somewhere comfortable."
05/05/2011 page 101
28.0% "Honestly waiting for Quinn to pop back up. This is a strange Riley that isn't having sex all the time."
05/06/2011 page 242
68.0% "Ok, so Quinn is now back. I hope he stays. I know that Riley wanted space from him and really he was missing for a whole book and a half. Hopefully things will be better for them this time around."